Materials & Construction: Formula 91, 180 & 200
Our unique hollow construction is so technically advanced that it is difficult to describe. The compact and simple name for our construction “AIRINSIDE” stands for many parameters.
- The complete hull and internal structure contains an average of 36m2 of Prepreg Carbon (10 times more than any other windsurf board on the market), and 6.5m2 of Honeycomb sandwich material.
- The complete hull and all components such as fin box, mast track, strap inserts, cutouts, etc., are built in one single shot with only one 20mm diameter opening which is needed to connect the air pressure.
- The materials are cured under pressure for 6 hours at 165°C.
It is nearly impossible to improve the boards every year, but our experience with the first hollow construction was totally revolutionary. We took what we loved from the winning Formula 4 and improved what we learned after extensive testing.
- Volume: With the hollow construction the thickness of the board doesn’t significantly affect the weight. For safer tacks the riders requested more volume in the nose area, so we filled in the big deck recess. The additional 15 litres of volume and a flat deck shape is the perfect platform for safe tacks.
- Deck Recess: We tested different heights of mast foot positions and as a result kept the deck recess for the lower mast track at a similar height but made it smaller to avoid disturbance when walking around the deck.
- Deck Bump: In 2004 at the Olympic One Design Trials at Lake Garda, the PATRIK-design introduced the deck bump which we now as well applied on the Formula design. Riders can push against it while pumping and you can always feel the centre of the board when not standing in the strap during foiling.
- Cutouts: To address the demand for more speed, we made bigger cutouts.
- Cutout Plates: This feature is a simple way to trim the pitch angle of the board to your custom specifications. The new boards are delivered with double plates and ventilate the cutout area similar to an “air pipe”.
- Strap and Mast Track Position: Building on our team’s experience with the Formula 4, most riders positioned all straps in the very back holes. On the new Formula we moved all inserts and mast track 20mm back to give more options to individually trim the new shapes.
- Bevels: Since the lightweight construction has less impact into chop/waves, we were able to reduce the bevel angle which increases the rail thickness to improve the flotation and tracking upwind at the same time.
|Formula 180||2290||1000||180||147||860||870||TBC||7×4||4||Deep Tuttle Foil Box||ISAF|
|Formula 200||2290||1000||200||164||860||870||TBC||7×4||4||Deep Tuttle Foil Box||ISAF|
|Formula 91||2290||910||160||125||763||781||TBC||7×4||4||Deep Tuttle Foil Box||PWA|
Range of use